8/24/2010

Plus size~


I don't know very much about the plus size industry, but I would like to give my opinion on the subject. The fashion industry has set unrealistic body images for the longest time. I'm not saying that all the models are too skinny, because some people are born with a very fast metabolism and small bones. It's a very small portion of the population and we are being told that if we want to fit into designer clothes and if we want to be beautiful, we have to be very skinny. Of course there's 2 sides to this subject. Obesity is a serious problem, and it's not healthy to be overweight, just as it's not healthy to be anorexic. I firmly believe that the industry should promote healthy looking women. I'm very excited that in recent runway shows like Mark fast, are putting plus sized models down the runway. The only negative thing I have to say is that the clothes are very unflattering. Nude skin tight dress, really? Anyways, I hope this continues and that we start seeing more and more healthy women on the runways!

No comments:

Post a Comment