8/24/2010

Book Review


You might have heard about the Little Black Book of Style by Nina Garcia. I just finished reading it, it's very short, you could read it in one day. I love the book cover, but I have to say that I wasn't very impressed with the content. She seems to be contradicting herself. She says that style isn't about following trends, which is true, but the part that I don't like is when she is telling you what you 'must have'. If you are a stylish women, you don't need a specific bag for a specific evening. In my opinion if you truly are stylish, what you need is your intuition and confidence and you will look great in anything. She also lists the must have clothes, like a white shirt, a cashmere turtleneck, a trenchcoat, etc. But who said that I need these things to be fabulous? Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh on the book, it really wasn't that bad, I actually learned a few things from it. I would recommend reading it anyways just because it isn't long and you can pick up a few tricks.

If you've read it tell me what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment